Hem aid, seam allowance guide, fabric guide…..several terms, but the same solution!
You are sewing your new favourite piece and hem it with your coverstitch. Even when you are trying to keep your fabric edge along the lines on your needle plate, your hem will get crooked anyways! Oh no! You don’t want to walk around like that…!
>> END THIS MADNESS <<
With our Schnittenliebe hem guide you can finally give your new favourite clothes the hem they deserve. Exact, straight and above all PERFECT!
Whether you want to have the parallel seams or the loop seam visible, with the hem guide you can (almost foolproof) conjure up an exact seam parallel to the fabric edge.
Due to the changeable hem width you have many possibilities how to use your new hem guide.
Important: The screws are not included in your order!
For which machine models does the hem guide fit?
- W6 Cover N707 Free arm (screw size 4mm / M4)
- Babylock Cover Stitch (screw size 3mm / M3 – included in machine kit)
- Babylock Ovation (screw size 4mm / M4 – included in machine kit)
- Babylock Gloria screw size 4mm / M4 – included in machine kit, screw length too short, longer screws have to be ordered separately with a screw length of 10mm)
- Babylock Evolution (screw size 3mm / M3 – included in machine kit)
- Elna 444 (screw size 4mm / M4 – included in machine kit)
- Pfaff Coverlock 3.0 (screw size 4mm / M4)
- Bernina Funlock 009DCC
- Brother Coverstitch 2340CV (screw size 4mm / M4)
- Bernette b42 Funlock
- Janome CoverPro 1000CPX (screw size 3mm / M3)
- Janome CoverPro 2000CPX
- Juki MCS-1500 (screw size 3mm / M3)
- and many more coverstitch machines!
Why do you even need a hem guide for your coverstitch?
You are putting so much time, love and effort into finding the right pattern, fabric selection, annoying cutting and of course sewing the fabrics together. Do you really want to end up with a crooked hem on your clothes? No! Surely not! With this small but very functional product you have found a friend for lifetime! No more crooked hems!
What advantages offer our Schnittenliebe hem guide compared to products of other manufacturers?
- Universal Usage
Our hem guide is designed to fit almost all common coverstitch models. We have chosen the length of the guide extra long so that the fabric can be guided well. The long slot offers you many possibilities to choose your individual hem width and because of the inserts in the slot you are prepared for all common screws!
- Creative people like it individual: Choose your favourite colour!
Our Schnittenliebe hem guide is available in 9 fancy colours and of course you can choose your favorite colour.
- Locally produced
Like our other Schnittenliebe products, the hem guide is not only developed in Germany but they are still manufactured in the company’s own production facilities today. When you purchase our hem guide you are supporting a local company.
- Sustainability through durability
The hem guide consists of modified polyethylene terephthalate (PET-G). It is a thermoplastic material known to most people in the form of PET bottles. In households with children you have to ensure enclosed small parts are not swallowed! It is food-safe. However, you should not expose the product to excessive heat (e.g. iron, dishwasher, etc). The hem guide is produced by a 3D-printer and is “printed”, from which the surface receives a very special structure.
How do you attach the hem guide to your coverstitch?
Due to the already existing screw holes on your machine, attaching the hem guide is really easy.
- Remove already mounted screws.
- Test which insert is suitable for your screws (they should only fit through the slot with the thread, not with the head!)
- Clip the insert into the hem guide.
- Place the hem guide on the machine and attach it for now with your two screws (NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR ORDER!)
- Select your hem width and screw the hem guide tight onto your machine.
Great, now all you have to do is choose your favourite colour from one of the 9 beautiful colours and off you go!